Eye Injuries in Children
Eye injuries are a common occurrence in children, especially among those who play competitive sports. When treating any type of eye injury, the first step is always to wash your hands. Flushing the eye with water is a great way to treat a minor irritation. However, more serious injuries demand immediate medical attention.
Eye trauma refers to damage caused by a direct blow to the eye
Call the doctor if your child
• Is under one year of age
• Has been hit directly in the eye
• Has an object lodged in the eye
• Experiences continuous tearing
• Suffers from redness, swelling, or bleeding near the eyelid or eyeball
• Came into contact with any chemical or acid
Eye injuries are not only painful but can also result in vision loss if not treated properly and promptly.